Posted September 4, 2015:
Temporary Position: Immediate long-term high school substitute position open teaching Physics First at Lift for Life Academy in the Soulard area. Physics First curriculum will be provided. This position will be up to 12 weeks in length. Cover letter and résumé should be submitted to Mebbie Landsness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARCHIVE BELOW --- THE BELOW OPENINGS ARE ASSUMED TO BE FILLED, BUT WILL BE RETAINED HERE FOR SOME TIME AS REFERENCE
Posted January 2015:
Temporary Position: Part-time Upper School Teacher for Algebra-Based Physics for February 2nd-May 7th. Candidates should possess appropriate teaching certification, a degree in the teaching area, Master’s degree preferred, five to eight years of successful experience in teaching high school students. Cover letter, résumé and references should be submitted to Visitation Academy, 3020 North Ballas Road, St. Louis, MO 63131 or at email@example.com
Posted December 2014:
John Burroughs School, a St. Louis independent, co-educational college preparatory school that serves grades seven through twelve, seeks experienced teachers of Biology, Chemistry and Physics for full-time positions starting August 2015. The ideal candidates will have at least three years of teaching experience in a college preparatory environment, a strong academic background (masters degree preferred), interest in working with both middle school and high school students, and proven strength in collaborating creatively with colleagues. Responsibilities will include participation in the larger life of the school (e.g., advising students, proctoring study halls). Ability to provide leadership in co-curricular areas (e.g., Science Olympiad, student clubs, athletics) is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter stating interest in and qualifications for the position.
2. Current resume, including phone numbers and email addresses.
3. Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references.
New Posting May 10, 2014
There will be a position open at Ritenour High School teaching APC, AP1 and non-honors physics, maybe freshman physics. Check the district web-site soon for more details. For additional information contact: Lydia Spoor Ritenour Highschool Science Teacher 314-493-6100 ext. 1334
New Posting April 28, 2014
1. The position is for a long-term substitute (approximately six weeks) at St. Teresa Catholic High School in Decatur, Illinois. The classes taught are Physics, AP Chemistry, Chemistry (regular and honors) and Earth Science. Lesson plans will be provided to follow. Also, most of the lessons will be posted in online videos that students access. So if there is a subject someone is not comfortable with, they can use posted videos for the lessons. Start time is around September 12th. Resumes should be emailed to Kimber Wilderman at email@example.com or mailed to:
St. Teresa High School
Attn: Kimber Wilderman
2710 N. Water Street
Decatur IL 62526
New Postings April 2014
1.Nokomis High School in Illinois (approx 80 Northeast of St. Louis) has a high school physics, chemistry and physical science teacher opening for next school year. Click HERE for the information. Quote from current position holder: "I am leaving this district and my current job is now posted. Very supportive admin/staff with guaranteed grant money for the HS science department for the next 16 years. Any questions about the district, please feel free to contact me." Eric Malvik email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. AP Physics and AP Chemistry postion open at Visitation Academy in St. Louis. Click HERE for information.
3. Nerinx Hall (a College prep, all-girls, independent Roman Catholic high school in Webster Groves) has an opening for a full-time chemistry teacher to teach 5 sections of 10th-grade chemistry. This is a permanent, full-time position beginning in August 2014. A bachelor's degree in chemistry is required and teacher certification is preferred. Contact Mary Leopold at email@example.com or Kevin Budd at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Postings March 2014
1. Festus has a high school physics teacher opening for next school year. Click HERE for the information.
New Postings February 2014
1. Villa Duchesne and Oak Hill School is seeking a part-time science teacher for Villa Duchesne. The position requires that the teacher is qualified and able to teach high school physics. The applicant should have at least a BS in in science or secondary science education. Preference will be given to applicants with teaching certification. Applications will be reviewed as received with the science teacher assuming duties for just the 2014-15 school year. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and background and are competitive with those of comparable institutions. Visit www.vdoh.org/careers for a comprehensive listing of employee benefits. Click HERE for a direct link to the full job description and how to apply.
2. There is an urgent need for a long term substitute in Columbia, IL ---- below are the details.....
Starting April 21, 2014 for at least 4 weeks and possibly the rest of the school year. Two hours of chemistry, two hours of SLU 1818 physics, and two hours of physical science. For chemistry, there is another teacher who has 4 hours of the class. If interested in this job, contact the principal, Jason Dandurand, by email at email@example.com <http://columbia4.org>. School phone number is 618-281-5001<tel:618-281-5001>. Also contact Mr. Dandurand by letter. School address is Columbia High School, 77 Veterans Parkway, Columbia IL 62236.
New Posting October 2013: DeSoto HS is looking for a Physics and Chemistry substitute teacher for a second semester maternity leave. He or she would start approximately in mid Feb and end sometime in April. DeSoto is in southern Jefferson County. If interested, please email Dr. Hoehn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-586-1050.
------ If you know of a science teaching position that is available please send details to Mike Johns
Other job listing sites:
- MOREAP - Missouri Regional Education Applicant Placement